|Enterprise Object Broker|
Example 2 - Shop, Cart, Products
Shown here are the interfaces for Cart, Shop, Product etc. Also shown are the immutable beans Receipt and ReceiptItem. There are two implementations of Shop so far - PlainSerializingShop and JSXShop. The former serialises every 30 seconds to the file system using normal Java serialization. The latter does the same but uses Brendan Macmillan's JSX tool (Note this is commercial - do not deploy unless you are prepared to pay - http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~bren/JSX/ )
1) Get Phoenix from downloads (unless you have it already). See section titled 'Phoenix in binary form' on the downloads page. Unzip Phoenix
2) Download either eob-with-http.sar or eob-with-http-and-db.sar from the downloads page. Place the sar file in the 'apps' directory of the unzipped Phoenix.
3) CD to the run directory and execute run.bat or run.sh as appropriate. After a few seconds ctrl-c Phoenix.
4) Download* eob-example2-jos.eob and place it in the 'startupApps'
directory created a couple of dirs deeper than the phoenix 'apps' dir.
* - Or make this .eob file from the source download by doing 'ant eob-jos' or 'ant ob-jsx'
5) Execute run.bat or run.sh again. You should see....
Example2: daemon running
Example2: Timed Save. 0 carts, 5 products
6) From the downloads page, get and
launch the test app with java -jar example2-test.jar
7) If you want to test the JSX version of the app, you will have to get the source version of example2 and follow the instructions issued when you try to run the 'eob-jsx' target.
- Paul Hammant, Markus Weiss, Feb 2002
$Revision: 1.12 $ $Date: 2003/04/23 06:02:39 $