| Enterprise Object Broker
- Transaction support delivered as part of a thread-context
solution is missing from both AltRMI and EOB presently
- Authentication missing from EOB. It exists in AltRMI, but is not
used so far in EOB.
- Hard disconnecting clients can leave the EOB server with
allegedly connected clients. Leases need to be worked into
AltRMI's distributed garbage collection.
- Callbacks are not enabled for EOB applications. This would be
useful for client-side listeners attaching themselves to server model
- No capability for XML-RPC, SOAP or CORBA yet.
So the question is, where could you use EOB today? The ideal
situation is for an internal application to your company or
organisation. All of the above limitations will be lifted shortly.
$Revision: 1.1 $ $Date: 2003/04/20 15:31:52 $